Following separation, parties may reach an amicable arrangement in relation to the division of their assets,  care of their children or spousal maintenance.

An Application for Consent Orders is a way for you to document the agreement reached in a legally binding way, without the need to attend court. By entering into Consent Orders you may be able to claim an exemption from stamp duty under the Duties Act for the transfer of assets. A Family Court Registrar will consider the Consent Orders to ensure proper arrangements are proposed and if they require any further information, a requisition notice will be issued.

You may be able to avoid paying stamp duty by formalising your agreement before you transfer the assets.

Hearty & Tam Family Lawyers Perth has the knowledge and experience to carefully prepare Applications for Consent Orders reflecting the agreement that has been reached with your former partner.